Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Voice of Veronica!!!

We have been trying to make contact with Rwanda for almost a week now. Today I spoke with Veronica (I think:)) VERY quickly I came to the conclusion that not a lot of small talk will be had between us. She did write down my name and ask that I call back in 1 hour, so won't she be surprised when at 5:51 her phone rings again. I am of the opinion that Rwanda time is not of the same intensity as US time. I think she probably meant, call back sometime this afternoon or tomorrow, but she SAID one hour, so one hour it will be:). Ryan and I reminisced of a time gone by when you asked somebody to hold and you set the phone down on the desk while walking over to the person and bringing them back to the phone. This time has not gone by in Rwanda yet:)

Update - Call number two. 3 1/2 hours later I was finally able to make contact with Veronica again. She could not find my dossier. I will try again tomorrow.

No comments: