Wednesday, August 6, 2008

"It will be SOOOON"

This is the phrase of the month. It has now been two days from one MONTH since we first heard the "sooooon" word. We now feel pretty confident that African "soon" does not mean USA "soon", though an argument could be made that it could mean USA government "soon". God has been teaching us patience for sure, but more than that, I guess I have also been learning trust, listening skills, and God's omnipotence. I have joked that I keep telling God what would work best for the Farrand family schedule, but I am confident that God has the better plan. The God of the universe who set the stars in place really does NOT need my advice nor my help in bringing Aliya home. I am convinced that God loves Aliya more than I ever will have capacity to and He loves our family. He will not forget Aliya. He will not forget the Farrand Family. Here are a few verses that I feel are particularly fitting...
Ecclesiastes 3:11 "He does everything just right and on time, but people can never completely understand what He is doing." Boy can I relate.
Psalm 146:9 "The LORD protects the foreigners. He defends the orphans and widows, but he blocks the way of the wicked."
Psalm 116:7 "I said to myself, "Relax, because the LORD takes care of you."
Psalm 5:3 "LORD, every morning you hear my voice. Every morning, I tell you what I need, and I wait for your answer." (need to remember this one!)
And after a particularly tough couple of days I prayed and told God how I just wasn't sure if I could keep up on the hurdles that seemed to remain ahead of us, this is what I read...
Hebrews 10:35-37 "So do not lose the courage you had in the past, which has a great reward. you must hold on, so you can do what God wants and receive what He has promised. For in a very short time, The One who is coming will come and will not be delayed." Please understand, that THE One being referred to is the God, but what a cool portion of Hebrews to read to give me added oomph when I felt I needed it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOW!! WHAT GOOD VERSES. WHAT A WONDERFUL GOD WE DO HAVE!! HE ALWAYS GIVES US WHAT WE NEED TO ASSURE US HE KNOWS WHAT IS BEST FOR US AND TO HELP US TO JUST WAIT ON HIM.
GOD BLESS
JEAN