Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Since when did a Washer and Dryer make me jump up and down with glee?

Since not having one for two weeks. Ahh, what a way to learn to appreciate the little things in life. 2 weeks x 5 people - 1 washer + 1 dryer = 1 scary mountain. So, there it sits in my laundry room, shrink wrapped and in a box. Ryan's trip to the Czech Republic coincided beautifully with delivery. I thought I would make an effort to just hook them up myself. I mean how hard can it really be? They are already in the laundry room, and I have been known to wield a screwdriver mightly in the past, why not add laundry hookup to my resume? And besides, the guys bringing in the supersonic machines could always point me in the right direction, right? Enter two Steve's in a truck. Steve #1 had one of those trendy vanity t-shirts that I always feel compelled to read. It said "If I could control my anger I'd destroy you with it". Nice. Steve #2 was less personable. They did, however, scare the begeebees out of me in the hookup warnings they did impart to me. One of which was the cute little fact that the dryer needs to lay down on its back in order to put on its feet. The bottom of the dryer has sharp metal edges as it is and ("hee hee") there is no longer the room necessary in my tight little laundry room to lay it down to do this. Don't even think about moving the 250 pound washer out of the narrow doorway on your own. That spells hernia for sure. They'd be happy to hook it up for me for $60. Do you remember the t-shirt? They really couldn't leave fast enough for me. I believe there really was truth in his shirt. So, what really does 3 more days mean in the grander scheme of things?

No comments: